Happy New Year! 2013 was a productive year for Justin and I so let’s look back!
- January – Justin’s 28th Birthday
- January – Sparky’s 3rd Birthday
- January – St. Louis Vacation
- March – Justin started work at his new job
- March – We closed on the purchase of our first house
- June – Keith’s 29th Birthday
- August – Denver Vacation
- October – Justin and I got married in Davenport, Iowa!
- October – We celebrated our wedding with family and friends while also celebrating our 6th year together as a couple
- December – First Christmas in our new house and first year actually having a Christmas tree setup
Here’s to a prosperous and adventure-filled 2014!
Photo Credit: Jon Glittenberg via Compfight cc
John Saint-Denis, a designer, released the video above for Valentine’s Day this year. It’s a beautiful video with a great ending. Enjoy!
Today, in an email from Indiana Equality Action, I learned that there are 614 rights and responsibilities denied to Justin and I as we are not able to get married in the State of Indiana. These are on top of the 1,138 rights and responsibilities granted at the Federal level. So now we’re up to 1,752 ways I am being denied rights and responsibilities at both the State and Federal levels of government.
How can anyone reasonably claim that to not be discrimination?
Click the photo to view all 614 items.
A great little video about why marriage equality just makes sense.
The video above is difficult for me to watch because the Pastor’s voice is pretty hard to follow just because of his intonation. However, it’s one of several great videos which have come out recently from various churches ever since President Obama stated his stance on marriage equality. It’s well worth watching the entire video!